Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Sonali Kate <so...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/10 13:46:13 UTC

Poll multiple ftp locations at the same time and perform some action

*Requirement*: Poll multiple ftp locations at the same time and perform some
action.

My application (Java based) should keep on polling all available ftp’s and
perform some action.
For Example: Say I have,
1.	FTP 1 with directory path=D:\userFtp1_dir
2.	FTP 2 with directory path=E:\userFtp2_dir and so on…
Here the number of ftp’s configured and their directory path are not fixed,
It may vary for each run.

*Question*: Can we pass a list of uri for each ftp and create that many
endpoints in route.xml?
1.	If yes, how can I configure the endpoint so that It will poll all
available ftp’s?
2.	If no, do I need to create separate endpoints for each ftp? Can we do
this in routes.xml?

Please provide your thoughts on the same.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Poll multiple ftp locations at the same time and perform some action

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Please use the user mailing list / user forum for these kind of questions

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM, Sonali Kate <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Requirement*: Poll multiple ftp locations at the same time and perform some
> action.
>
> My application (Java based) should keep on polling all available ftp’s and
> perform some action.
> For Example: Say I have,
> 1.      FTP 1 with directory path=D:\userFtp1_dir
> 2.      FTP 2 with directory path=E:\userFtp2_dir and so on…
> Here the number of ftp’s configured and their directory path are not fixed,
> It may vary for each run.
>
> *Question*: Can we pass a list of uri for each ftp and create that many
> endpoints in route.xml?
> 1.      If yes, how can I configure the endpoint so that It will poll all
> available ftp’s?
> 2.      If no, do I need to create separate endpoints for each ftp? Can we do
> this in routes.xml?
>
> Please provide your thoughts on the same.
> Thanks in advance.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com