Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by marbux <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/18 05:41:39 UTC

Re: Building easy to use search guis? How to save queries...

Isys desktop search does something along the lines of what you speak of.
There's a screen shot of the UI on this page: <
http://www.llrx.com/features/isys2.htm>. The art is a bit too small to read,
but the UI displays the resulting command line as the user builds a query
(small type in lower left of screen shot).

Basically, the user enters a term in the top of the screen, selects an
operand and clicks/enters that operand, then on to the next term and
operand, etc.

The scheme is pretty well-designed. It's very easy to use for novices.

Best regards,

Marbux