Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Jean-Yves Baudy <jy...@free.fr> on 2004/03/19 17:53:18 UTC

RE: CVS runtime updates

Susantha,

It was for my first implementation of simpleTypes (real types
generated). For the C generation instead of having to force the client
to alloc anything for those types (has a made type pointers). I created
the types in the create method. But when deserializing the Array grow
policy is to double the array. So to free the whole memory a add this
variable to remender the real size. I think that it should stay.

Jean-Yves

RE: CVS runtime updates

Posted by Susantha Kumara <su...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Jean-Yves,

> It was for my first implementation of simpleTypes (real types
> generated). For the C generation instead of having to force the client
> to alloc anything for those types (has a made type pointers). I created
> the types in the create method. But when deserializing the Array grow
> policy is to double the array. So to free the whole memory a add this
> variable to remender the real size. I think that it should stay.

Still its not clear to me as to why you need this m_RealSize variable.
 - The Axis engine has the knowladge of the true capacity of the array when
it is deserializing.
 - Its not needed to know the actual capacity of the array anywhere else.
Only the no of available elements (m_Size) is needed.