Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Angus Rose <an...@appliedcytometry.com> on 2001/04/03 10:18:54 UTC

RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils XMLUtils. java

Hello all,
		first things first, what is this SOAP business,is it good?
Also has anybody played with electric xml? I see the uRL at the bottom of
this page and was wondering what peoples reactions were to it - espec. as it
supports XPATH - how do you implement XPATh with Xerces???

Posted by Jason Hunter <jh...@acm.org>.
> Angus Rose wrote:
>
> Hello all,
>                 first things first, what is this SOAP business,is it
> good? Also has anybody played with electric xml? I see the uRL at the
> bottom of this page and was wondering what peoples reactions were to
> it - espec. as it supports XPATH - how do you implement XPATh with
> Xerces???

I've read into Electric XML and have a number of technical issues with
it, but its primary detraction is that it's not an open source product.

BTW, JDOM supports XPath per http://code.werken.com/xpath/.  It's not
100% complete (see the limitations file), but neither I understand is
Electric XML's.

-jh-

Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils XMLUtils.java

Posted by Jason Hunter <jh...@acm.org>.