Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Patrick Philips <pa...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/31 14:33:46 UTC

[NetBeans 9 Java: No Main-Class generated for MANIFEST.MF in modular project]

Hi everyone,                    Could someone please let me know why a modular project (Netbeans 9.0 release) MANIFEST.MF file is not populated with the Main-Class entry point as it is in a non-modular project? and if this is not a bug how should a jar be executed from the command line etc? is it now required that the MANIFEST.MF is manually modified to include the entry point?
ThanksPatrick.

Re: [NetBeans 9 Java: No Main-Class generated for MANIFEST.MF in modular project]

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
I would recommend to use Maven so that the main class can be set in the POM:

https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/pom.xml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCdBmPfzeyM

Gj