Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mike <mi...@wryse.com> on 2002/02/15 14:48:45 UTC

datasource management

What is the benefit of configuring datasources in the struts-config.xml
file?

My meaning is, I am adapting my existing webapp to use struts.  Obviously,
I replaced my home-grown controller because struts has many more features,
like token and validation.

But, I'm not sure I gain by replacing my home-grown "datasource manager".
I am using WebSphere, so presumably I don't need pool man.  Datasources are
defined in a property file (not xml, but good enough) and are cached.  I
also like the idea of having datasources defined in a separate file.

Am I over-looking something?  Will I miss out on some features if I keep
datasource management separate from struts classes?

Mike