Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net> on 2014/04/30 02:31:21 UTC

help text maven-javadoc-plugin contains (lost) link

Hello,

I noticed in the output of javadoc:help a sentence which I could not
understand:

# javadoc:fix
#   Fix Javadoc documentation and tags for the Java code for the
#   project. See Where Tags Can Be Used.

When looking at the generated site it is more clear, as this is a HTML
link.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-javadoc-plugin/fix-mojo.html

->
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/javadoc.html#wheretags

BTW: the 8 version is here:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/windows/javadoc.html#CHDHJGAH

Should I report this as an bug?

Bernd

Re: help text maven-javadoc-plugin contains (lost) link

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Am Wed, 30 Apr 2014 02:31:21 +0200
schrieb Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>:

> # javadoc:fix
> #   Fix Javadoc documentation and tags for the Java code for the
> #   project. See Where Tags Can Be Used.

Another thing I notices is, it inserts single-line comments like this:

+    /**
+     * <p>Constructor for FileFilterSelector.</p>
+     */

But I am not sure if "<p>...</p>" - especially in the first line - is
the wanted syntax?

I also did not find a way to not generate the default @author tag. In
the description of the defaultVersion property it looks like a SVN
keyword was expanded unexpectetly.