Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Goel Shalab <sh...@cisco.com> on 2003/07/11 20:40:27 UTC

Struts 1.1 Doc question

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if there was a way for downloading the HTML as a package
for User and Developer Guides for Struts 1.1.
Also, is there a plan for having these guides in alternate printable format
-- as a single document -- like Acrobat PDF
or Microsoft Word.

Appreciate your response.

Regards
Shalab

Re: Struts 1.1 Doc question

Posted by Goel Shalab <sh...@cisco.com>.
Hello Ted,

If it can become part of the build process.. it will be great.. and highly
appreciated.

-Shalab

Re: Struts 1.1 Doc question

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
On Friday 11 July 2003 14:51, Ted Husted wrote:
> James Mitchell wrote:
> > Something is in the works for PDF, but I'm not sure of the status.  If
> > you need it for MS Word, that's not going to happen any time soon.
>
> It's all in XML, so something that can do XML to PDF and be called from
> Ant could be made part of the build process.

Yes, and I have had that in my "todo" list for quite some time.  IIRC, someone
mentioned that they were working on this, but that could be totally wrong.

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

Re: Struts 1.1 Doc question

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: Struts 1.1 Doc question

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
On Friday 11 July 2003 14:40, Goel Shalab wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> I was wondering if there was a way for downloading the HTML as a package
> for User and Developer Guides for Struts 1.1.

Yes, the binary comes with struts-documentation.war, which is the complete
documentation that used for the Struts web site.