Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Shekar Tippur <ct...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/22 19:22:16 UTC

Camus running on a remote node

Hello,

I was running Camus and hdfs name node on the same server. I tan into out
of memory issues. The requirement is to have the camus code forward the
incoming message to snmp trap listener and also to opentsdb. When I run
camus on the same server as NN, I am able to forward it.
I took the camus code to a different server and added the jars to hdfs lib
folder - made corresponding changes to hdfs-site.xml

  <property>

     <name>hdfs.default.classpath.dir</name>

     <value>/hadoop/libs</value>

  </property>

I see that the MR jobs run but the extended code does not :(. I know this
may not be directly related Samza conversation but it would unblock me to
get to the Samza part.

- Shekar