Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by shivaken <sh...@e-can.ne.jp> on 2003/09/29 05:36:06 UTC

How to use POI with turbine?

Hi all,

I'm developing webapp that handles some data with turbine.
I have to add a function to send data with MS-Excel file.

I thought that I have to add new turbine service PoiService like
VelocityService to accept a request with suffix xls and to send a xls file.

Are there any other good way to do this? If so please tell me.
If not, I will write PoiService.

Regards,

 -- shivaken
antshell: Ant command line front end
http://www.antshell.org

Re: How to use POI with turbine?

Posted by shivaken <sh...@e-can.ne.jp>.
Hi

> There have been other posts on this topic previously, and people's milage
> varies..  IE does some werid things..  Look at the POI stuff for cocoon for
> good tips on how to get IE to behave properly.

Sorry. But, when I was going to check turbine-user archive, link from
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/mail-lists.html was broken.
Then I can't check past post.

> Having said that, if you can create something, it would be much
> appreciated, as people keep reinventing this I think...

Now, my concern is how dose turbine use extensions to get proper screen.
I want to use proper extensions of the files to be downloaded, like xxx.xls,
yyy.tar.bz2 .

How can I setting it?

#I read some source files to see how done turbine load the screen. But it was
not easy.

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Hi,

There have been other posts on this topic previously, and people's milage
varies..  IE does some werid things..  Look at the POI stuff for cocoon for
good tips on how to get IE to behave properly.

Having said that, if you can create something, it would be much appreciated,
as people keep reinventing this I think...

Eric

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Hi,

Posted by shivaken <sh...@e-can.ne.jp>.
Hi,

Posted by shivaken <sh...@e-can.ne.jp>.
Hi,

Posted by shivaken <sh...@e-can.ne.jp>.
Hi ,

I just realize that Only needed feature to create and send a excel file
dynamicaly is ServletOutputStream.

If turbine provides that to each request, sending dynamicaly created file will
be easy.

Dose turbine have any service provides ServletOutputStream to each request as
screen?

And I use velocity default. Can turbine handle 2 or more screen service?