Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Hutchinson <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/07/03 19:55:41 UTC

Virtual host question for all

I have RedHat 7.3 with Apache 1.3.23-11 and tomcat 4.0.3 installed with
RPM's.

I have everything working and can access the ip:8180 and get the examples
and also go to the ip/examples/ and all is good.  I have the mod_jk.conf
included in the httpd.conf so that I have access to the tomcat examples
through apache.  because I can access the examples through the standard port
80, I know that apache and tomcat are talking.

Just one question.  I am lost on how to add virtual hosts.  I have 2 ip's
bound to the NIC and have a virtual host working that specifies the second
IP and a document directory of /web/mycontent/web
So when I go to this IP, apache returns the standard 404 apache-tomcat
error.
I am asuming that I have to add something to server.xml?  I am pretty much
lost on how to add this so an example would be greatly appreciated.  Is
there anything else I need to add to httpd.conf as well?

I think I am pretty close to being finished after I get this virtual problem
wrapped up so any help appreciated.

Thanks all!

Mark