Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Shane Gannon <sg...@hotmail.com> on 2009/12/08 21:59:24 UTC

Java generated code errors

Hi all
Please excuse me if this problem has been discussed elsewhere but when I generate Java from thrift files I end up with some compiler errors. This seems to only be an issue for methods where I'm throwing a custom exception.
e.g.

public GetCredentialsException gcex;...
public int compareTo(getCredentials_result other) {...
	lastComparison = TBaseHelper.compareTo(gcex, typedOther.gcex); ** Compiler error here ** 	     if (lastComparison != 0) { 	       return lastComparison; 	     }
where GetCredentialsException is my custom exception.
The compilere error I recevied is "The method compareTo(boolean, boolean) in the type TBaseHelper is not applicable for the arguments (GetCredentialsException, GetCredentialsException)". So it looks like thrift should be defining a comparison for my custom exception - or not carrying out the comparison at all.
Is this a known issue? Can it be fix? Currently all I'm doing is commenting out those lines but this would not be practical in the long term.
RegardsShane
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop