Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Ravi Kanth <ra...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/27 00:51:31 UTC

Spark Streaming + Kudu

Hi,

Anyone using Spark Streaming to ingest data into Kudu and using Kudu Client
API to do so rather than the traditional KuduContext API? I am stuck at a
point and couldn't find a solution.

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: Spark Streaming + Kudu

Posted by Ravi Kanth <ra...@gmail.com>.
Cliff,

Thanks for the response. Well, I do agree that its simple and seamless. In
my case, I am able to upsert ~25000 events/sec into Kudu. But, I am facing
the problem when any of the Kudu Tablet or master server is down. I am not
able to get a hold of the exception from client. The client is going into
an infinite loop trying to connect to Kudu. Meanwhile, I am loosing my
records. I tried handling the errors through getPendingErrors() but still
it is helpless. I am using AsyncKuduClient to establish the connection and
retrieving the syncClient from the Async to open the session and table. Any
help?

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: Spark Streaming + Kudu