Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/23 18:56:46 UTC

Profiler does not work for me

I haven’t used the NB profiler for a year or so, but last time I did (running on an x86 mac in NB 12), it ran fine.

Today I tried to profile my standalone JSE application in NB 16 with JDK 17.05 on my ARM-based Mac for the first time and the profiler just sits in a calibration dialog (see 1st attachment) forever.  If I cancel that dialog, I get several other dialogs before I finally get out of the profiling session.  The output from the Output window is shown below also.  Lastly, I don’t see much in the IDE log either (other than the same error message about a data transfer error during instrumentation calibration).

I restarted the IDE and tried again - same result.  When I run the same identical project on an x86 Mac on the same version Netbeans 16, JDK 17 (17.06 vs. 17.05 on ARM), and same macOS, the profiler works just fine.

Has anyone come across this issue?  i will upgrade my ARM-based Mac to 17.06 - just to make everything identical, but I doubt it’ll have an effect.

Any help/info appreciated,
Tom

*** Profiler message (Thu Feb 23 13:38:13 EST 2023): Starting target application...
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-17.0.5.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java -agentpath:/Applications/NetBeans/Apache NetBeans 16.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/profiler/lib/deployed/jdk16/mac/libprofilerinterface.jnilib -Xbootclasspath/a:/Applications/NetBeans/Apache NetBeans 16.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/profiler/lib/jfluid-server.jar:/Applications/NetBeans/Apache NetBeans 16.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/profiler/lib/jfluid-server-15.jar org.netbeans.lib.profiler.server.ProfilerServer /Applications/NetBeans/Apache NetBeans 16.app/Contents/Resources/NetBeans/netbeans/profiler/lib/deployed/jdk16/mac 5141 10 ____Profiler+Calibration+Run____
*** Profiler error (Thu Feb 23 13:38:56 EST 2023): connection with server not open

Re: Profiler does not work for me

Posted by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com>.
Thanks - I added my vote and confirmation comment to that bug report.
Best,
Tom

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.