Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/24 10:02:30 UTC

[RT] Wiki page for wishes - was BSON

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Charles Monteiro
<ch...@nycsmalltalk.org>wrote:

> I know , we are not meant to put up a wish list, but certainly having a...

I think we should have a place where people *can* put up their wishes.
These could also be connected to Jira tasks. Let people say what they want.

I'm referring to requests in another thread where things like "using
concurrency", "performance increases", "gpu rendering", etc. were
mentioned.

Re: [RT] Wiki page for wishes - was BSON

Posted by Martin Heidegger <mh...@leichtgewicht.at>.
I put up a wiki page for proposals. They are meant for conceptual
proposals. If you "want" to contribute some code to Apache
without discussion you should do it directly via jira.

yours
Martin.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I don't either. But what I'm suggesting is just an open ended "i wish ..."
As well as bug reports you can create new features, improvements, wishes, questions, brainstorms and more in JIRA. Just look under the "other" menu top right.

Bug fixes, features, wishes etc can be commented one and importantly voted for, you can watch one you are interested in and get notified by email if it changes.

> Does JIRA show an aggregate list of features in an unencumbered way?
Yes. Look under views. You can also create you own filters so only see the list (or several lists) of issues you are interested in.

It also has quite powerful searching, you can customise your own dashboard and even share filters for people to use. (Reminds me I should share the filters I have set up).

Give JIRA a try it's not as bad as you think. Go ahead and add a wish it might come true. :-)

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [RT] Wiki page for wishes - was BSON

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
I don't either. But what I'm suggesting is just an open ended "i wish ..."
type of page. Does JIRA show an aggregate list of features in an
unencumbered way? If so let's do that. But that has the risk of being a
technical entry in what is trying to be a general summary.

This would make it easier for someone to add their thoughts. JIRA requires
you to create an account, create a feature request (not everyone is
familiar with JIRA). This serves more of a public aspect a la public
comments on a blog post. That's not to say or replace the steps someone
would take to get involved or filing a feature request.

Posted by Doug Arthur <do...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as> wrote:
> That is what I would prefer.  We really don't need 5 places where people
> are submitting features / bugs / etc.  Lets keep it all in one official
> place (JIRA), and point everybody there.
>
> -Nick
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:12 AM, David Arno <da...@davidarno.org> wrote:

Agreed, and I will update the wiki at some point today with that information.
- Doug

Re: [RT] Wiki page for wishes - was BSON

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.

Posted by Omar Gonzalez <om...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 1:02 AM, jude <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Charles Monteiro
> <ch...@nycsmalltalk.org>wrote:
>
> > I know , we are not meant to put up a wish list, but certainly having
> a...
> >

> I think we should have a place where people *can* put up their wishes.
> These could also be connected to Jira tasks. Let people say what they want.
>
> I'm referring to requests in another thread where things like "using
> concurrency", "performance increases", "gpu rendering", etc. were
> mentioned.

Well, I believe anyone can register to JIRA and add Feature Requests there.
I believe its been mentioned more than once that JIRA would be ideal for
such things and try to gain traction there and on this list by getting
people interested in your feature request or whatever you want to call it,
proposal, etc.

--
Omar Gonzalez
s9tpepper@apache.org