Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Mike Lee <ml...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/23 20:39:46 UTC

Using variables

If I want to have a variable that I replace in my script how do I do that? I specifically want one I can pass in through the command line BUT ALSO has a default. For example, let's say I want to load a web page but the path to that page may be different depending upon where the test is run. I would like to do;

http://{$SomeDomainAndPath}/ThisIsTheFile.html

I could do -DSomeDomainAndPath=foo.com right?

Is this the right syntax?

If I want to have a default value for the 'SomeDomainAndPath' above what element would I add at the beginning of the test?

Thanks,
Mike

RE: Using variables

Posted by Steve Kapinos <St...@tandberg.com>.
If its a value you want to use that is not thread specific, what you are looking for is a property.

You can assign a default value when you call the property using the __P function.  There is an arguement that will be used if the property is not already defined.  http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/functions.html#__P

You pass a value into jmeter for the property using -Jpropertyname=value

These blog posts should help you.
http://coreplex.blogspot.com/search/label/jmeter

-Steve