Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/01/30 16:50:37 UTC

Code Freeze In Effect

Avalon Excalibur Code Freeze is now in effect.  If you have anything to add to the changes.xml file,
do it now.  I will add in the change for changing the log message based on Exception type this morning.
After that is done (along with a number of changelog edits), I will make a release of this.

I need to use my new Container abstraction for a distributed print server based on JDK 1.4 printing
API ;)

Question:  Should I release a new version of Framework (v. 4.1.2) with the edits to the AvalonLogFormatter?

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Code Freeze In Effect

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:50, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>>Avalon Excalibur Code Freeze is now in effect.  If you have anything to add
>>to the changes.xml file, do it now.  I will add in the change for changing
>>the log message based on Exception type this morning. After that is done
>>(along with a number of changelog edits), I will make a release of this.
>>
>>I need to use my new Container abstraction for a distributed print server
>>based on JDK 1.4 printing API ;)
>>
>>Question:  Should I release a new version of Framework (v. 4.1.2) with the
>>edits to the AvalonLogFormatter?
>>

> I think you need to release a new Framework version for it to be compatible
> with latest Excalibur

Ok.  I will do that tomorrow.  And what about LogKit?

Re: Code Freeze In Effect

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Pete

*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*
PROGRAM: n.  a magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn
one's input into error messages.  v.t.  to engage in a pastime similar
to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for
reward.

Re: Code Freeze In Effect

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Avalon Excalibur Code Freeze is now in effect.  If you have anything to
> add to the changes.xml file,
> do it now.  I will add in the change for changing the log message based
> on Exception type this morning.
> After that is done (along with a number of changelog edits), I will make
> a release of this.

Ok, The CVS tree is currently being tagged.  Unfortunately it is taking a
while because somebody is accessing CVS at the same time (Mercea Toma ;P)

Hopefully it is just an update.