Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/24 17:02:50 UTC

Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

I want to set up a new build machine using Ubuntu 13.10 to build with
flexmojos 6 and Apache Flex. To be able to use a current flash player, I
want to use the windows flashplayer with wine. I have managed to set this
up, but now I get the following error popping up when I run the unit tests:

Error #2044: Unhandled securityError:. text=Error #2048: Security sandbox
violation:
file:///Z|/home/wdb/flux/client%2Ddomain/target/test%2Dclasses/TestRunner.swf
cannot load data from 127.0.0.1:42188.
	at
net.flexmojos.oss.unitestingsupport::ControlSocket/connect()[D:\Projects\flexmojos6\trunk\target\checkout\flexmojos-testing\flexmojos-unittest\flexmojos-unittest-support\src\main\flex\net\flexmojos\oss\unitestingsupport\ControlSocket.as:52]
	at
net.flexmojos.oss.unitestingsupport::TestApplication/runTests()[D:\Projects\flexmojos6\trunk\target\checkout\flexmojos-testing\flexmojos-unittest\flexmojos-unittest-support\src\main\flex\net\flexmojos\oss\unitestingsupport\TestApplication.as:55]
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
	at
mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.11.0/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as:13413]
	at mx.core::UIComponent/set
initialized()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.11.0/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/core/UIComponent.as:1831]
	at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.11.0/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/LayoutManager.as:850]
	at
mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()[/Users/justinmclean/Documents/ApacheFlex4.11.0/frameworks/projects/framework/src/mx/managers/LayoutManager.as:1188]

Any idea what can be wrong?

regards,

Wim

AW: AW: Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Well I guess this is because Flexmojos knows it's a Linux machine and therefore uses flashplayer as Default executeable.
I remember there being some Option to specify the Name of the executeable, perhaps Setting this to FlashPlayer.exe would help.

Unfortunately I don't have much experiance with Wine, so I think I won't be able to assist you much in this issue. But if there is anything that I can Change in Flexmojos to make your life easier, just give me a note at what's causing the Problems and I'll do my best to have that fixed in 7.0.0-SNAPSHOT as soon as possible.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
I am also assuming you had to rename the FlashPlayer.exe to flashplayer.exe, because Flexmojos tries to load an executable called flashplayer.exe. On Windows systems it will be able to find the FlashPlayer.exe because windows is case-insensitive, so you could name the file FLASHplayer.exe or whatsoever. On Linux however the file system is case-sensitive. Therefore getting flashplayer.exe will fail if the file is called FlashPlayer.exe because it's simply a different file.

Just to clear the confusion regarding the need to rename the FlashPlayer.exe

Chris

Re: AW: AW: Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

useWine is ok for me, but don't you think we need to be able to set the
drive letter? Or is this always 'Z:' ?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Glad to hear this :-)

what do you think about having a "useWine" instead? If this is set and the System is Linux, FM could automatically Change things.
FM currently has quite a lot of insanely complex Options for which even I have no Idea what Velo added them for ;-) ... I would like to Keep configuration as simple as possible.

Chris

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Currently as far as I know it launches the standalone Player. Launching a Browser would be far more complex.

Chris

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
To run unit tests

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

Well it Needs this, only if you want to have automated FlexUnit or whatsoever Unit tests running in your build. If you only want to build a Flex/Air application, you don't Need it.

Chris

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
[...]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
I would agree if my build was not a complex multi-module project that needs
Linux for some other parts of my application (like building RPMs). Maybe
that can be solved with cygwin, I did not investigate that yet.

ml-node+s2333346n4375h98@n4.nabble.com>

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Wow, complicated.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Probably... try logging in directly as the Jenkins user (you may have to
give it a shell in /etc/password and set it's password) ?

I take it Jenkins runs as a service account, with no display, normally ?
This sounds like a problem other Jenkins users may already have solved
at this point, rather than anything WINE or Flex specific ?

Tom

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 07/01/2014 09:41, wim.deblauwe wrote:
> [DEBUG] [SYSERR]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Well, that's the problem then :-)

Can you view the same display at the same time and see what is happening
? When you say it runs OK, is that as the exact same user, same
environment settings etc ?

Tom

Re: AW: Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
I forgot to add the logs for the vnc problem:

[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] exec: [flashplayer] -
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Creating process
[WARNING] [LAUNCHER] Using regular flashplayer tests
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Executing command: [flashplayer,
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf]
[DEBUG] [net.flexmojos.oss.test.monitor.ResultHandler] opened server socket
on port 34936
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Process created java.lang.UNIXProcess@43c15a1e
[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Output pumpers ON
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Waiting for flashplayer termination
[DEBUG] [SYSOUT]: Starting flashplayer using WINE
[DEBUG] [SYSOUT]: DISPLAY=:86

[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher RUNNING
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED

[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: p11-kit: couldn't load module:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher RUNNING
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED

[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher RUNNING
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more
details.
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize
OpenGL, expect problems
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW
((null),0,0x33e0e8,0x00000000), stub!
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: fixme:thread:start_thread Started native thread 0000002b

[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Flashplayer closed
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] runtime exit as expected
[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher DONE
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED

[INFO]
[INFO] Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time Elapsed: 0 sec
[ERROR] Invalid state: the flashplayer is closed, but the sockets still
running...
net.flexmojos.oss.test.TestRunnerException: Invalid state: the flashplayer
is closed, but the sockets still running...

Notice that I print the DISPLAY variable from my 'flashplayer' script:

[DEBUG] [SYSOUT]: Starting flashplayer using WINE
[DEBUG] [SYSOUT]: DISPLAY=:86

However, this seems like very bad:

[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So strange that it works fine if I do it from the command line (as the
jenkins user)

Re: AW: Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Awesome !

Now to get FireFox's plugin-wrapper to do the same thing :-)

Tom

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 06/01/2014 16:37, wim.deblauwe wrote:
> That seems to be correct:
Won't it need a Windows style path to where ever WINE thinks the files
are ?
Have a poke around with winefile and then add a path like :
z:\home\wdb\flex\client domain\target\tests classes

Watch the direction of the slashes and the escaping of the spaces - I'm
not sure how the Windows Player expects it to look, and the examples on
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/6.1+Check-in+Tests
don't have spaces in...

Tom

Re: AW: Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
That seems to be correct:

wdb@wdb-vb-java7:/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain$ cat
~/.wine/drive_c/users/wdb/Application\ Data/Macromedia/Flash\
Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust/maven.cfg

/home/wdb/flux/client-domain/target/test-classes
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain/target/test-classes

I am testing with the user 'wdb' in the
'/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain' directory.

regards,

Wim

2014/1/6 Tom Chiverton [via Apache Flex Users] <
ml-node+s2333346n4345h68@n4.nabble.com>

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
I tried this but it does not work either:

wdb@wdb-vb-java7:/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain$ ll
~/.wine/drive_c/users/wdb/Application\ Data/Macromedia/Flash\
Player/#Security/
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 wdb  wdb  4096 Jan  6 17:13 ./
drwxr-xr-x 5 wdb  wdb  4096 Jan  6 17:11 ../
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   62 Jan  6 17:13 FlashPlayerTrust ->
/home/wdb/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust//

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 06/01/2014 15:44, wim.deblauwe wrote:
> Seems very logical, but it does not seem to work. I have put the link in
> place, but I get the exact same error message. This shows the link:

I would expect the FlashPlayerTrust file for the WINE'd FlashPlayer to
be in something like ~/.wine/drive-c/Documents and
Settings/YourUser/Application Data/Macromedia/Flash

Posted by "wim.deblauwe" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Seems very logical, but it does not seem to work. I have put the link in
place, but I get the exact same error message. This shows the link:

wdb@wdb-vb-java7:/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain$ ll
~/AppData/Roaming/Macromedia/Flash\ Player/#Security/
total 8
drwxr-xr-x 2 wdb  wdb  4096 Jan  6 16:39 ./
drwxr-xr-x 3 wdb  wdb  4096 Jan  6 16:39 ../
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   52 Jan  6 16:39 FlashPlayerTrust ->
.macromedia/Flash_Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust/

any other ideas?

regards,

Wim

AW: Running unit tests with flashplayer under wine

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Wim,

I just had a look at this problem. I guess there are several problems coming together in this case.
When compiling, Flexmojos will automatically add the target directory to the trusted directory list, by updating a file called maven.cfg inside the Flashplayers config-directory. The location of this directory depends on the type of system. On a windows machine this is:
{user-home}\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#Security\FlashPlayerTrust
On a Linux machine:
{user-home}/.macromedia/Flash_Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust
On a Mac this is:
{user-home}/Library/Preferences/Macromedia/Flash Player/#Security/FlashPlayerTrust

You are running Flexmojos on a Linux machine, so Flexmojos will automatically add your moduels target directory to the linux trust file.
So I guess you are running the Windows Flashplayer, so it will look in the windows trust-location. It won't find anything there because it would have to look in the Linux location.

What I would suggest to do in this case, would be to manually create the Windows directory structure " AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#Security" and then to add a symlink to the linux location, so whenever the Windows Flashplayer looks into its windows location, it's actually redirected to the Linux trust directory.

After that is done, the Windows Flashplayer will be able to read the Linux trust-file and it will know that the SWFs loaded from your target directory will be allowed to do whatever it wants and the tests should be able to run.

Hope that helps.

Chris