Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Wes Novack <we...@wesleytech.com> on 2013/07/16 22:47:22 UTC

1.2.37 connector and IIS 7.5

Hi all,

I am trying to get the latest 32 bit Tomcat 1.2.37 connector for IIS (
jakarta / isapi_redirect.dll ) to play nicely on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64
bit) and IIS 7.5.

I installed JRE 7 update 25 (32 bit) , then installed the Apache Tomcat
7.0.42 using the Windows installer EXE. I then downloaded a precompiled
binary of the IIS i386 isapi_redirect.dll and configured everything (need
Tomcat to run as 32 bit).

When testing through IIS, I get the following error in the browser:
"HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
Calling GetFilterVersion on ISAPI filter "C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll"
failed. "

EventViewer application log shows the following errors:
"The HTTP Filter DLL C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load. The data
is in the error."

I have double checked permissions, the ISAPI filter, the jakarta virtual
directory, config files and everything else that I can think of. There is
no isapi_redirect.log file generated. AppPool has Enable 32-Bit
Applications set to True.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you,
WN

Re: 1.2.37 connector and IIS 7.5

Posted by Wes Novack <we...@wesleytech.com>.
Thanks for your reply. IIS 7.5 can certainly run many other 32bit
applications when you set the AppPool setting "Enable 32-Bit Applications"
to True.

"because the library is not loadable into a 64 Bit IIS"

So, running the 32 bit Tomcat connector on 64 bit IIS is definitely not
supported and won't work? If anyone has heard of this type of scenario
working successfully somewhere, please do let me know.

--

Thank you,
WN

Re: 1.2.37 connector and IIS 7.5

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
On 7/16/2013 1:47 PM, Wes Novack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get the latest 32 bit Tomcat 1.2.37 connector for IIS (
> jakarta / isapi_redirect.dll ) to play nicely on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64
> bit) and IIS 7.5.
>
> I installed JRE 7 update 25 (32 bit) , then installed the Apache Tomcat
> 7.0.42 using the Windows installer EXE. I then downloaded a precompiled
> binary of the IIS i386 isapi_redirect.dll and configured everything (need
> Tomcat to run as 32 bit).
>
> When testing through IIS, I get the following error in the browser:
> "HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
> Calling GetFilterVersion on ISAPI filter "C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll"
> failed. "
>
> EventViewer application log shows the following errors:
> "The HTTP Filter DLL C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load. The data
> is in the error."
>
> I have double checked permissions, the ISAPI filter, the jakarta virtual
> directory, config files and everything else that I can think of. There is
> no isapi_redirect.log file generated. AppPool has Enable 32-Bit
> Applications set to True.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> WN

 From the fine documentation at:

Re: 1.2.37 connector and IIS 7.5

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Wes Novack wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get the latest 32 bit Tomcat 1.2.37 connector for IIS (
> jakarta / isapi_redirect.dll ) to play nicely on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64
> bit) and IIS 7.5.
>
> I installed JRE 7 update 25 (32 bit) , then installed the Apache Tomcat
> 7.0.42 using the Windows installer EXE. I then downloaded a precompiled
> binary of the IIS i386 isapi_redirect.dll and configured everything (need
> Tomcat to run as 32 bit).

Are you sure ? isapi_redirect in an add-on module for IIS, and has in principle nothing to
do with which Tomcat version you are using. Tomcat could be running on another host on the
other side of the planet. isapi-redirect talks to Tomcat via TCP, that's the only
relationship.

> When testing through IIS, I get the following error in the browser:
> "HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
> Calling GetFilterVersion on ISAPI filter "C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll"
> failed. "
>
> EventViewer application log shows the following errors:
> "The HTTP Filter DLL C:\MyPath\isapi_redirect.dll failed to load. The data
> is in the error."
>
> I have double checked permissions, the ISAPI filter, the jakarta virtual
> directory, config files and everything else that I can think of. There is
> no isapi_redirect.log file generated. AppPool has Enable 32-Bit
> Applications set to True.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It is probably the IIS and isapi_redirect that do not match, bits-wise.