Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org> on 2003/08/28 20:19:48 UTC

[ANN] Commons-Validator 1.1.0 Alpha released

Commons Validator 1.1.0 Alpha is now available for testing.

Please refer to http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/validator/tasks.html
that details some of the changes that have taken place since the 1.0.2 release.

Downloads:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~rleland/ValidatorAlpha/

Just a reminder :
The release process is following the same general procedures established
for the Apache HTTPD project <http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html>
and Jakarta Commons products
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/>, and utilize the HTTPD
numbering scheme.

The release will initially be given an Alpha status and made available
through the Release Manager's home directory. Pursuant to a Majority
Vote on the /commons-dev/ Mailing List, the release may be moved to the
public release directory. The vote may also serve to reclassify the
release to be of *Beta* or *General Availability* (GA) quality, as
defined by the Apache HTTPD project. Subsequent votes may reclassify the
release, either to promote it or to demote it, as need be.

Rob

Re: [ANN] Commons-Validator 1.1.0 Alpha released

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org> wrote on 29/08/2003 02:01:44 PM:

> dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>
> >Rob, one of my pet itches with validator is the lack of
> >documentation/examples on the xml format.
> >Can I help somehow with this?
> >

> Yes, I am in heaven :-) ! Any time you want a break from Jira/Maven
> please feel free !
>
> I always thought that reading the DTD and you're an expert ;-) !
>
> What did you have in mind ?
Something that documents what the individual elements are for. Especially
at the field/arg/message/var level.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: [ANN] Commons-Validator 1.1.0 Alpha released

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.