Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralf Schneider <ml...@tapfere-schneiderleins.de> on 2006/08/02 00:28:35 UTC

Tomcat Cluster

Hi,

I started some experiments with a cluster of 2 Tomcats (5.5.16). I configured
the two Tomcats nearly identically (except the ports). I think the cluster
works as I see messages in the console saying that a new cluster member was
recognized when the second Tomcat starts.

The only confusing messages are the following:
27.07.2006 13:27:17 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener
messageReceived
WARNUNG: Context manager doesn't exist:/edac
27.07.2006 13:27:18 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener
messageReceived
WARNUNG: Context manager doesn't exist:/edac
27.07.2006 13:27:18 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListener
messageReceived
WARNUNG: Context manager doesn't exist:/edac

edac in my application under webapps. What do these messages mean? Did I miss
anything with my configuration? Is this a problem for the session
replication? And what do I have to configure?

Best regards,
Ralf.

Re: Tomcat Cluster

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
it means that server-A has the webapp /edac but server-B doesn't. and
server B is receiving messages, and ignoring them
doesn't mean its an error, only if you expect both servers to have the
webapp. This is not the case if one server is starting up and has not
deployed the app yet
Filip

RE: Tomcat Cluster

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
It means only one of the two tomcats has a context named /edac.  You need to
either deploy the edac.war on the 2nd tomcat, or use the farm deployer
feature of the cluster.

Tim