Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> on 1999/09/11 12:20:55 UTC

Minor APR irritation...

ap_get_os_file puts the result in its second argument. ap_open uses the
last argument. The normal convention is to put the arguments that take
results _first_. This is irritating and counter-intuitive!

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

     - Indira Gandhi

Re: Minor APR irritation...

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
> If it is going to be changed, sooner would be better, obviously.

Agreed.  I am unavailable to work from Wednesday on.  I have other
projects I am in the middle of currently, and I don't want to start this
one only to have to leave it half done.  If you want to make the changes,
be my guest.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom		rbb@raleigh.ibm.com
4205 S Miami Blvd

Re: Minor APR irritation...

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Ryan Bloom wrote:

> As it happens, I have had a chance to review this again.  I am simply
> putting the result arguments in the last argument, instead of the first.

I know, but almost everything does it the other way round.

Re: Minor APR irritation...

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.

Re: Minor APR irritation...

Posted by Ryan Bloom <rb...@raleigh.ibm.com>.