Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Supriya <su...@yahoo.com> on 2014/10/23 21:20:59 UTC

Serializing JSON data from .NET Input Stream to Avro

Hi

I would like to understand if there is a way to use the Avro libraries to
serialize data from a .NET input stream.
The input stream will contain JSON strings. I want to convert the JSON
strings directly from the stream to Avro data.  I don't want the overhead of
materializing the JSON string to an object first before serializing to Avro
format. Reason for this : the data is big and we don't want to necessarily
be creating these temp objects.

I tried looking at the C# Avro libraries but I don't see any APIs that take
an input stream for serialization.

I am new to Avro.

Supriya