Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/09 15:12:28 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1298002 - /jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/mk/store/StoredNodeAsState.java

Hi,

[s/dev@/oak-dev@/]

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM, Michael Dürig <md...@apache.org> wrote:
> Right. I should have read the Javadoc ;-) However, I'd make it more explicit
> there, that sub classes must not refine equality (i.e. take into account
> values of other fields). This will in almost any case lead to a broken
> contract. For example (emphasis added): "Two property states are considered
> equal if *and only if* both their names and encoded values match."

Good point. Done in revision 1298833.

On a related note, we probably need to think about value encoding at
some point. Are we happy with having *all* property values persisted
as strings (or parsed/re-formatted at the storage layer), or should we
allow native formatting at least for basic types like numbers and
booleans? A related question is handling of value arrays for
multivalued properties.

BR,

Jukka Zitting