Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gino Cerullo <gc...@pixelpointstudios.com> on 2006/06/29 14:52:30 UTC

Re: users Digest 29 Jun 2006 09:48:58 -0000 Issue 1518

On 29-Jun-06, at 5:48 AM, Leigh Sharpe wrote:

> 1) Bayes is still in training. I've only recently given everybody
> the opportunity to feed
> it spam. I expect it to get better soon. My question was more
> related to why this stuff is
> getting through now, when it used to get blocked.

I'm guessing your using 'junkmail/notjunkmail' accounts on the server
where everybody is sending their SPAM (junkmail) and HAM
(notjunkmail) to.

Is it possible that some people may be making an error and sending
SPAM to the 'notjunkmail' account? You might want to keep an eye on
that.

If you've employed another method of training disregard this post or
better yet describe your training method so that we can see if the
problem does lie there.

I believe not training it with HAM can also be detrimental,
especially during it's initial training. It needs to have at least
200 HAM messages for the bayes filter to be accurate.

--
Gino Cerullo

Pixel Point Studios
21 Chesham Drive