Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raj Mettai <rm...@broward.edu> on 2002/09/03 19:13:28 UTC

web application configuration in Apache+tomcat setup

Hi all,

I have my web application running under tomcat  path "/" localhost:8080/, but once I have configured Apache to tomcat the examples application works great localhost/examples but my application defined on path = "/" (localhost/) is not working, actually apache is looking under /htdocs for the jsp page and logs say page not found. How to get around with this error. But the application works great with tomcat itself localhost:8080.

any clues please...........

(Apache1.3,tomcat4 both ruuning on solaris8 with jdk1.3.1)

-Raj

Re: web application configuration in Apache+tomcat setup

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Raj,

The path is actually supposed to be "", not "/".  Make sure you don't
also have a directory called "ROOT" in your webapps directory when
doing this...or make the path for the "ROOT" webapp something other
than "".

Jake

--
Best regards,

Re: web application configuration in Apache+tomcat setup

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Raj Mettai wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have my web application running under tomcat path "/"
> localhost:8080/, but once I have configured Apache to tomcat the
> examples application works great localhost/examples but my
> application defined on path = "/" (localhost/) is not working,
> actually apache is looking under /htdocs for the jsp page and logs
> say page not found. How to get around with this error. But the
> application works great with tomcat itself localhost:8080.
>
> any clues please...........
>
> (Apache1.3,tomcat4 both ruuning on solaris8 with jdk1.3.1)

You don't indicate what connector you're using to connect apache to
tomcat, and what configuration you have set up for that.  Your problem
is somehow related to that, since it's a matter of apache not
forwarding the appropriate request(s) to tomcat.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Systems and Technology Services (STS)
mepstein@uiuc.edu