Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Martijn v Groningen <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/03 13:50:25 UTC

Re: ToParentBlockJoinQuery - Faceting on Parent and Child Documents

Hi Jayendra,

This isn't supported yet. You could implement this by creating a
custom Lucene collector.
This collector could count the unique hits inside a block of docs per
unique facet field value. The
unique facet values could be retrieved from Lucene's FieldCache or doc
values (if you can use Lucene 4.0
in your project).

In general I think this would be a cool addition!

Martijn

Posted by Christoph Kaser <lu...@iconparc.de>.
Hi Jayendra,

we use facetting and blockjoinqueries on lucene 3.6 like this:

- Create the FacetsCollector
- For facetting on Parent documents, use ToParentBlockJoinQuery, for
facetting on children ToChildBlockJoinQuery (if needed, add additional
query clauses using a Booleanquery)
- Use searcher.search(query,null,facetCollector)

This seems to work fine.

Best regards,
Christoph Kaser