Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com> on 2003/03/14 07:39:07 UTC

Transcoders

As there is likely to be a batik beta release sometime soon what does everyone
feel about having at least a PDF transcoder release.
A PS transcoder would be good if it is working okay (I have no PS viewer at the
moment).

Doing a release doesn't really depend on batik from our end. So if we can make a
release and then make that available to batik.

We will need to make a cvs tag. It will need to be decided within the next few
days.
Here"s my +1

So what do others think.

Keiron.

Re: Transcoders

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
+1, but PDF transcoder only for the moment and only a release candidate
first.

Let's put together a checklist of things to do for the release:
- Tag CVS
- Check and update documentation (I've recently added an example to the
  embedding examples I ported from the maintenance branch. Need to
  document that)
- Make sure it will also be advertised on the Batik site.
anything else?

PS Transcoder: Only the infrastructure is set up. The output is not so
good ATM. Stroke widths are too wide, for example. So it's not ready for
release, yet.

I want to do an EPS transcoder, too. I'll probably start with that some
time next week.

On 14.03.2003 07:39:07 Keiron Liddle wrote:

> As there is likely to be a batik beta release sometime soon what does everyone
> feel about having at least a PDF transcoder release.
> A PS transcoder would be good if it is working okay (I have no PS viewer at the
> moment).
>
> Doing a release doesn't really depend on batik from our end. So if we can make a
> release and then make that available to batik.
>
> We will need to make a cvs tag. It will need to be decided within the next few
> days.
> Here"s my +1
>
> So what do others think.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Transcoders

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
I've added a Wiki page dedicated to our transcoders:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?FOPBatikTranscoders

Jeremias Maerki