Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2005/08/02 17:42:14 UTC

ASF-wide crypto policies

> Most of what is archived will probably be replaced by the new ASF-wide
> crypto policies anyways.

What is the status?  Right now, AUIU, we cannot cut a release of JAMES until the BXA issues are addressed, due to the presence of S/MIME support in the code.  I'd like to get this block resolved ASAP.

	--- Noel

bcc: JAMES PMC (reply back on legal-discuss)

Re: ASF-wide crypto policies

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 11:42:14AM -0400, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Most of what is archived will probably be replaced by the new ASF-wide
> > crypto policies anyways.
>
> What is the status?  Right now, AUIU, we cannot cut a release of JAMES until the BXA issues are addressed, due to the presence of S/MIME support in the code.  I'd like to get this block resolved ASAP.

It's on the legal to-do list after we clear out the LGPL & MPL issues.

I've posted to the board the list of questions I'd like to see answered with
respect to BXA.  If you'd like to run point with our counsel to see that we
get answers earlier, I'm sure Cliff wouldn't mind the assist.  -- justin