Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sbaillie <st...@alliancesoftware.com.au> on 2010/04/29 04:59:33 UTC

Beginner's HOWTO for connecting ActiveMQ to Websphere MQ?

I've had a bit of a look around, but I haven't found any guides to connecting
to a Websphere MQ server from an ActiveMQ one that don't quickly leave me
out of my depth.  Can anyone recommend a good guide/HOWTO?

...and is it possible to do this connection if I don't have access to the
Websphere MQ server's configuration?

Thanks,

Steve the ignorant.

Re: Beginner's HOWTO for connecting ActiveMQ to Websphere MQ?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 8:59 PM, sbaillie
<st...@alliancesoftware.com.au> wrote:

> I've had a bit of a look around, but I haven't found any guides to connecting
> to a Websphere MQ server from an ActiveMQ one that don't quickly leave me
> out of my depth.  Can anyone recommend a good guide/HOWTO?
>
> ...and is it possible to do this connection if I don't have access to the
> Websphere MQ server's configuration?

I don't know of a howto guide but I have done it myself in the past
using Spring and the Websphere MQ connection factory. Unfortunately I
don't seem to have the code around anymore beyond this Spring
configuration for the Websphere MQ connection factory:

<bean id="mqConnectionFactory" class="com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory">
    <property name="transportType">
      <util:constant
static-field="com.ibm.mq.jms.JMSC.MQJMS_TP_CLIENT_MQ_TCPIP" />
    </property>
    <property name="queueManager" value="QMGR_NAME_GOES_HERE" />
    <property name="hostName" value="HOST_ADDRESS_GOES_HERE" />
    <property name="channel" value="QMGR_CHANNEL_NAME_GOES_HERE" />
    <property name="port" value="PORT_NUMBER_GOES_HERE" />
  </bean>

The com.ibm.mq.jms.MQQueueConnectionFactory bean is in the Websphere
MQ client jar so you will need that jar for this Spring config above
to work.

Here is an email showing someone else's solution using Camel:

http://old.nabble.com/Re:-Camel-and-IBM-MQ-Series-p24540278.html

Hope that helps.

Bruce
);'