Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tom Haerens <to...@sofico.be> on 2006/06/19 15:45:18 UTC

file stat error

Hi,

I don't know much about SVN, so please forgive me if this is a stupid
question...

A couple of weeks ago, we moved from a Samba 2.2x to a 3.0.x server.
Everything works fine, except our svn.

SVN is not able to make a file writable.
However, we can change the read-only flag manually on a Windows XP client.

When we try to lock a file with TurtoiseSVN, we get the following error:
Error: Can't get default file perms for file at
'//rebel/milesweb/Sites/svntest2/mbl.pbl' (file stat error): Access is
denied.

Can somebody help us out?

Thank you very much!!!

Kind Regards,
Tom

Re: file stat error

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 6/22/06, Tom Haerens <to...@sofico.be> wrote:

> Ok, no problem!
>
> I'll focus only on the samba settings now...
>
> Meanwhile, we've tested the trunk subversion and we get the same 'file
> stat error':

Ah, yes, there actually are still several calls in Subversion to look at
file permissions (we just changed a few that were doing it unnecessarily
while toggling the read-only attribute) -- my mistake, sorry.

What version of APR are you using?  There is a patch that fixes a Win32
permission issue in APR -- I'm not sure if it would help or not, though.
You might try the latest APR and the patch:

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.apr.devel/9389

DJ

Re: file stat error

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 6/21/06, Tom Haerens <to...@sofico.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Thank you very much!
>
> I've just downloaded the trunk and I'll check it out!!
>
> However, isn't there a "work-around" for this problem?
> I'm not allowed to upgrade our subversion (1.2.1) before a couple of months
> of testing the new version...

Since it's Samba that changed behavior, try looking at its options for
a workaround.  I'm not aware of any way to change Subversion's
behavior in this respect (aside from using a different version).

DJ

Re: file stat error

Posted by Tom Haerens <to...@sofico.be>.
Hi,

Thank you very much!

I've just downloaded the trunk and I'll check it out!!

However, isn't there a "work-around" for this problem?
I'm not allowed to upgrade our subversion (1.2.1) before a couple of
months of testing the new version...

Thanks in Advance!!!

Kind Regards,
Tom