Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/25 12:55:52 UTC

[Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating-RC2

All,

I'm happy to announce that Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating-RC2 is
available and ready for your testing and voting.

Release candidate artifacts:

http://people.apache.org/~thoward/Lucene.Net/2.9.2-incubating-RC2/dist/

SVN tag revision:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/lucene.net/tags/Lucene.Net_2_9_2_RC2

The vote is open for 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 Lucene.Net PMC votes are cast.

Please cast your votes!

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating

Thanks to everyone involved for the hard work and contributions which
made this release possible.

Thanks,
Troy

Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating-RC2

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
We should probably include documentation somewhere that building
requires either MsBuild from 3.5 or higher .NET framework install or a
version of VS2010 (Express works fine).

Thanks,
Troy

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Granroth, Neal V." <ne...@thermofisher.com>.
Troy,

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
+1 for RC release.

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks everyone for voting. Voting is now closed.

The Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating RC2 release passes the PPMC
vote with six +1 votes.

I'll move on and propose it for official release on the Incubator
general mailing list today.

Thanks,
Troy

Posted by Michael Herndon <mh...@o19s.com>.
+1

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sergey Mirvoda <se...@mirvoda.com>.
+1

--
--Regards, Sergey Mirvoda

Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating-RC2

Posted by digy digy <di...@gmail.com>.
+1
DIGY

Posted by Glyn Darkin <gl...@darkinsystems.com>.
+1
On 28 Feb 2011, at 08:39, Troy Howard wrote:

> All,
>
> A quick voting reminder... This [VOTE] thread will only be active for
> another 4 hours (72 hours total).
>
> So far, we have two +1 votes in.
>
> After this vote, the release will be proposed to the Incubator PMC,
> and will have another 72 hour vote for acceptance there. Assuming that
> passes, it will become an official ASF Incubator release.
>
> Thanks,
> Troy
>

> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> On 2011-02-25, Troy Howard wrote:
>>
>>> I updated the .src zip and associated checksums/signatures at:
>>
>> I have verified the bin zip is still the same that I checked.  All
>> signatures and hashes are fine, RAT is reasonably happy with the src zip
>> (I've updated
>> <http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/Lucene.NET/src-rat.log>).
>>
>> +1 from me for the release.  Of course I haven't perfromed any technical
>> tests, just verified the artifacts meet the Incubator requirements (at
>> least all I know of).
>>
>>> Hopefully this one will pass the licensing validation! I think I got
>>> them all this time..
>>
>> Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Stefan

Glyn Darkin

Darkin Systems Ltd
Mob: 07961815649
Fax: 08717145065
Web: www.darkinsystems.com

Company No: 6173001
VAT No: 906350835

Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating-RC2

Posted by Troy Howard <th...@gmail.com>.
All,

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2011-02-25, Troy Howard wrote:

> I updated the .src zip and associated checksums/signatures at:

I have verified the bin zip is still the same that I checked.  All
signatures and hashes are fine, RAT is reasonably happy with the src zip
(I've updated
<http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/Lucene.NET/src-rat.log>).

+1 from me for the release.  Of course I haven't perfromed any technical
tests, just verified the artifacts meet the Incubator requirements (at
least all I know of).

> Hopefully this one will pass the licensing validation! I think I got
> them all this time..

Thanks a lot.

Stefan

Re: [Lucene.Net] [VOTE] Release Apache Lucene.Net 2.9.2-incubating-RC2

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I've updated the RAT reports at
http://people.apache.org/~bodewig/Lucene.NET/

Binary looks good to me as I know the .xml files are generated, the
source archive still contains a file licensed under the 1.1 version
(TestSnowball.cs) and the .nunit, .config, .ndoc and build.xml files
could contain a license.

May be better to fix that before general@incubator votes you down.

Sorry

Stefan