Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org> on 2008/02/21 11:23:17 UTC

Maven 2 test output

Anyone know if it's possible to configure Maven 2 to capture the test
output in the test reports instead of displaying everything on the
console ? That's how Maven 1 proceeded and I found this quite useful.

Thanks,

Emmanuel Bourg

RE: Maven 2 test output

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com>.
sebb wrote:
> On 21/02/2008, Jörg Schaible
> <Jo...@elsag-solutions.com> wrote:
>> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>  > On 21.02.2008, at 11:23, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>>  >
>>  >> Anyone know if it's possible to configure Maven 2 to capture the
>>  >> test output in the test reports instead of displaying everything
>>  on >> the console ? That's how Maven 1 proceeded and I found this
>>  quite  >> useful. >
>>  > Thought that was the default also for maven2 ...I remember I
>>  changed > that in jci because I hate not seeing the tests on the
>> console :)
>>

>> ?!? Emmanual wants it the other way round.
>
>> However, I hate to look at the console output of  a CI
> server and simply see that a test has failed, but not why
> (the txt files can normally not easily accessed and are
> worthless then).
>
> ???
>
> AFAIK the txt files are accessible in Continuum - so long as the next
> test has not yet started.

For commons I simply can refer the old nighly builds - not a single chance to access those in time. It was much simpler to see also the error on the console output (which was sent as part of the mail).

- Jörg

Re: Maven 2 test output

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 2 test output

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
I have found the redirectTestOutputToFile property that should redirect
the output when set to true, but the output files created are empty :(

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: Maven 2 test output

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
On 21.02.2008, at 12:01, Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> On 21.02.2008, at 11:23, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone know if it's possible to configure Maven 2 to capture the
>>> test output in the test reports instead of displaying everything on
>>> the console ? That's how Maven 1 proceeded and I found this quite
>>> useful.
>>
>> Thought that was the default also for maven2 ...I remember I changed
>> that in jci because I hate not seeing the tests on the console :)
>
> ?!? Emmanual wants it the other way round.

...and I am saying I hate that. That's the reason I changed it for
jci. But the fact that I had to *change* it let me think it was the
default.

RE: Maven 2 test output

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@Elsag-Solutions.com>.
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> On 21.02.2008, at 11:23, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:
>
>> Anyone know if it's possible to configure Maven 2 to capture the
>> test output in the test reports instead of displaying everything on
>> the console ? That's how Maven 1 proceeded and I found this quite
>> useful.
>
> Thought that was the default also for maven2 ...I remember I changed
> that in jci because I hate not seeing the tests on the console :)

?!? Emmanual wants it the other way round. However, I hate to look at the console output of  a CI server and simply see that a test has failed, but not why (the txt files can normally not easily accessed and are worthless then). That's why I normally set "useFile" in the surefire configuration to false.

- Jörg

Re: Maven 2 test output

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.