Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Manish G <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/28 10:29:48 UTC

'Too many files with unapproved license' issue

Hi,

While building the project, I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.12:check
(default) on project flink-parent: Too many files with unapproved license

Any workaround for it?

Manish

Re: 'Too many files with unapproved license' issue

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
The failure means that a file is missing the Apache license header.

This is usually because either
a) you have added a file but forgot the header, in which case the
solution naturally is to add the header
b) you run on Windows, and Maven does not detect that some files are
binary files (which would be automatically skipped), in which case the
solution is to add -Drat.skip=true to your maven call to skip the plugin
altogether.

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi Manish,

The error suggests that there are some files in the project without the ASF
license included. This usually happens when you added some source files
without adding the license, or there are some temporal files (e.g.,
generated by running a local test) not cleaned up. The error message should
also suggested a "rat.txt" or so, which lists the files of problem.

Thank you~

Xintong Song