Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net> on 2014/06/09 17:20:25 UTC

Board Report

Please review/comment:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAY/Board+Report+June+2014

My biggest question was about the Git migration.

Thanks,

mrg

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I'm down with a GD, too.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I was going to email it to the board tonight.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Here is my revision:

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Well, here is the current draft (which is also available in Git until I can
delete it) in Markdown format:

# Apache Cayenne Board Report - September 2014

Apache Cayenne is a Java persistence framework. It takes a distinct
approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime, remote
persistence services, and a GUI mapping/modeling tool.

## Project Status

* Preparations are underway for Cayenne 3.1 Final (Release Candidate 1 was
released on Feb 18).
* New feature development continues for Cayenne 3.2.
* Git migration has completed (for 3.2 only, previous revisions remain in
Subversion). As a result of the migration, we have received pull requests
via GitHub which opens up new avenues for developers to contribute.
* Confluence "CAY" space deleted since it was not used.

## Community

* Mailing list activity is about average on developer and user lists.
* The last PMC member was added in December 2012.
* The last committer was added in May 2012.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yeah :-/

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Mike,

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.
I agree. Is there any content in the wiki we care about copying over? I can't say I've logged into it for about 4 years.

Ari

--
-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis

Re: Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Board Report

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
That's what I thought, but wasn't certain.  I checked out the 3.2 code via
Git, but couldn't build it and thought maybe it wasn't quite ready yet.

Thanks,

mrg

Re: Board Report

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org>.