Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Fred Welland <fr...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/24 18:09:13 UTC

GRADLE: 'Web Pages' project node gone in NB 12.1?

Kicking tires on NB12.1,  I have a simple gradle build that applies 'war'
plugin.

In NB 12.0; this pretty much works and has a nice 'Web Pages' node in the
project window: it lets me navigate src/main/webapp/.

Load the same project in NB 12.1 and that node is gone.

Is there a way to make it come back?  Do I gotta re-enable something in NB
12.1?

NOTE:  I let NB 12.1 copy over all my settings/plugins from my NB 12
config.

FWIW:   running NB12 & 12.1 under JDK 14 -- that said this project is a JDK
8 project so I use that in the compile/build step.   Oh and Gradle 6.6 (oh
and running under fedora 31) -- geeze ok:

to run NB 12.0/12.1:   Java: 14.0.2; OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 14.0.2+12
to build:   openjdk version "1.8.0_265"

Re: GRADLE: 'Web Pages' project node gone in NB 12.1?

Posted by Fred Welland <fr...@gmail.com>.
You fixed it!

Hehe.   So thinking about how I'd get you the project;  I just fired up
12.1 again.    Still no "Web Pages" node.   Interestingly, "Generated
Sources" was gone -- but that isn't really important.

I figured I'd rifle thru options and plugins one last time.    I
noticed Plugins->Installed->Java Web and EE was not activated.    I
activated that; and that really didn't change anything.   Closed project;
then shutdown 12.1; restarted 12.1 and then re-opened project -- BOOM --
'Web Pages' is there.    Sources [generated] is gone - but one SHIFT-F11 it
was back.   I can deal with that.

NOTE:  Project in question is a POC and a bit of an odd-duck:   JSF using
hollowed Bootable Wildfly 21beta.  Sadly bootable WF is only in form of
maven plugin -- so this project has a pom.xml too; only for making the
hollowed WF jar -- all the heavy lifting is in gradle (including gradle
exec calls to 'mvnw').    I can still make it available to you if you'd
like.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fred Welland <fr...@gmail.com>.
Oh ok.