Posted to user@commons.apache.org by co...@rnolds.com on 2006/03/21 22:57:11 UTC

Compatability between Commons-Collections 2.1.1 and 3.1

Hello,

I am currently using Hibernate 3.1 which depends on Commons-Collections
2.1.1. I am now adding Quartz 1.5.2 to my project, but it uses
Commons-Collections 3.1. I have read the history of this project and it
seems to indicate that I would be able to use Commons-Collections 3.1 and it
would have no reprecusion to how Hibernate 3.1 works. However, I would like
to get a verification from those in the "know" about Commons-Collections.

thanks,

Courtney B. Arnold

Re: Compatability between Commons-Collections 2.1.1 and 3.1

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Versions 2.1.1 and 3.1 are fully compatible so long as Hibernate does
not utilise any method or class that is deprecated in v2.1.1. Figuring
out whether that is true or not probably involves downloading the source
for Hibernate and cross referencing the collections imports.

The problems only affected a tiny area of code, so you may just find it
works anyway.

See http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/compatibility.html for
some more info.

Stephen