Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Charles Oslowski <le...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/12 02:06:28 UTC

problems with validation

Dear All,

I'm developing an application using jboss, myfaces and ADF.

I'm trying to write a simple registration page. Two of the fields in the
registration form are:

        <af:panelLabelAndMessage for="passwdID" label="#{msg.passwd}">
            <h:inputSecret id="passwdID" value="#{reg.passwd}"
rendered="true" maxlength="15"  >
                <x:validateEqual for="passwdVer"/>
            </h:inputSecret>
        </af:panelLabelAndMessage>

        <af:panelLabelAndMessage label="#{msg.passwdVer}">
            <h:inputSecret maxlength="15" id="passwdVer" />
        </af:panelLabelAndMessage>

But the validateEqual doesn't work when you submit the form for the first
time. The error message is:

The given value (leviaczek@gmail.com) is not equal with value of "emailVer".

When I submit the form for the second time it validates the input even if I
input different values.

I would be grateful for any advice how to handle this problem..

It didn't work even when I was using only myfaces without ADF.

Kind Regards,

CO

Re: problems with validation

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Well,

it is related to the JSF problem

if you place the validateEqual inside the second input, it will work!

Take a look for more at [1]

-Matthias

[1] http://irian.at/myfaces/validate.jsf

--