Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/07 00:17:59 UTC

NMaven/Maven C# Project

I have started a new project NMaven (http://nmaven.sourceforge.net) for
managing .NET builds (C#, PHP, Nemerle) with Maven. The project is under
Apache v 2.0. Brett P. just let me know that there is a C# plugin in the
Maven sandbox; so there may be some intersection points here, where each
project can benefit. The NetCompiler implementations - that I am building
- compile C# (and other languages) directly using
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLine: you may be able to leverage that
directly, as opposed to using the ANT tasks for C# compiles. NMaven also has
concepts of the capabilities of the build platform (architecture, OS,
supported compilers, vendors (MONO/MS)) and matches the appropriate compiler
based on the build requirements. These concepts may also be leveragable for
the Maven C# project.

Best Regards,
Shane

Re: NMaven/Maven C# Project

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

I have not tried out the C# plugin; but as I build out mavenized projects, I
will give it a go and provide some feedback. I have looked through the
code. A few things that I would suggest are: 1) provide a means to switch
the vendor between MONO and  MS, as these compilers may both reside on the
same box; 2) support the concept of.netmodule, with multi-fle assemblies and
Assembly Linker: the existing Maven c# plugin treats a module as an assembly
(dll). With modules, you can reuse small modules of code in multiple
assemblies; 3) support for framework version 1.1., 2.0 etc.

I would also suggest NUnit support, as well as packaging and deploying of
Web applications (to both Mono XSP and IIS).

Best Regards,
Shane

Re: NMaven/Maven C# Project

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.