Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 19:03:15 UTC

[DISCUSS] Bump to Jackson 2.7.1

Jackson 2.7.1 was released and should bring a long-standing bug fix for:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-732

which has to do with serialization of Tree to JSON. Since we shade Jackson
the upgrade to users is pretty painless and Jackson doesn't bring any
transient dependencies with it so it shouldn't introduce new conflict.

anyway, I think we should look to bump this dependency from 2.5.3 to this
new version for 3.1.2.

I'll assume lazy consensus and move forward if there are no objections in
the next 72 hours - Sunday (February 14th, 2016) at 1PM EST.

Thanks,

Stephen