Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/05/14 07:16:47 UTC

[ANN] Maven Surefire Plugin 2.2

The Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Maven Surefire
Plugin, version 2.2.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/

You can run mvn -U to get the latest version of the plugin, or specify
the version in your project's plugin configuration:

<plugin>
    <version>2.2</version>
</plugin>

Changes:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12440&styleName=Text&projectId=10541&Create=Create
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12207&styleName=Text&projectId=11148&Create=Create

* [SUREFIRE-25] - surefire property droppings in fork mode
* [SUREFIRE-30] - Wrong classpath separator
* [SUREFIRE-33] - java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError in TestCase
constructor kills surefire without letting any log
* [SUREFIRE-37] - System properties not working during forking
[surefire-testng branch, patch attached]
* [SUREFIRE-40] - memory leak in junit runner
* [SUREFIRE-35] - refine use of assertion enablement
* [MSUREFIRE-57] - Forking documentation improvement to help with class
loader constrainst issues
* [MSUREFIRE-59] - JUnitBattery dies when TestSuite has an anonymous
inner class
* [MSUREFIRE-62] - forkMode=pertest shows Results: line after every
battery, not at the end.
* [MSUREFIRE-63] - Surefire temporary files should be put in target
rather than in the main project directory
* [MSUREFIRE-65] - Surefire causes OOM
* [MSUREFIRE-72] - [surefire-testng] SurefireReportMojo.executeReport()
throws a java.lang.NumberFormatException
* [MSUREFIRE-73] - systemClassLoader.getResource returns null
* [MSUREFIRE-74] - IsolatedClassloader.getResources returns duplicated
results
* [MSUREFIRE-80] - systemProperties and NPE
* [MSUREFIRE-86] - Surefire forking doesn't work on Java 1.3
* [MSUREFIRE-88] - Surefire fork fails under windows when command has
several quotes
* [MSUREFIRE-93] - maven-surefire-plugin:2.2-SNAPSHOT  fails with
invalid option -ea when forking to a JDK < 1.4
* [MSUREFIRE-94] - settting System property "basedir" is evil.
* [MSUREFIRE-95] - java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/maven/surefire/util/NestedCheckedException
* [MSUREFIRE-96] - Sometimes xml report has no time atribute in testcase
element
* [MSUREFIRE-97] - TestNG tests are not executed if invoked by
*/*Test.java naming pattern
* [MSUREFIRE-99] - TestNG tests that cause commons-logging to load fail
* [MSUREFIRE-100] - IllegalAccessError with a dynamic proxy
* [MSUREFIRE-101] - Surefire is giving classloader preferences to main
sources before test sources
* [MSUREFIRE-102] - Prevent XML parser problems by changing default
forkMode and childDelegation settings
* [MSUREFIRE-104] - classpath line is too long in fork mode
* [MSUREFIRE-56] - The "pertest" option for forking mode should be
renamed more appropriately
* [MSUREFIRE-71] - System properties are not set
* [MSUREFIRE-87] - Improve error stack trace when the error comes from
the user's test code
* [MSUREFIRE-106] - Disabling xml report generation
* [MSUREFIRE-23] - Support TestNG

Re: [ANN] Maven Surefire Plugin 2.2

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
Just for the record.

If you're using the setUp() method instead of a static contructor (which
is evil anyway), this regression probably won't affect you when
upgrading to surefire plugin 2.2.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Posted by Geoffrey De Smet <ge...@gmail.com>.
Done:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSUREFIRE-109

We 'll be looking into switching to "once" or "never" anyway,
still it's important you guys are aware of this issue in "always".

Thanks for a great product.
Keep up the good work.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet