Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivet Petrova <iv...@shapeblue.com> on 2022/01/11 09:12:13 UTC

CloudStack Community Initiatives in January

Hello, dear CloudStack friends, and Happy New Year to all of you!

I hope you all have enjoyed the start of the new year! In this email I am sending you a summary of the active initiatives in our community in January:

- CloudStack User Survey - https://cloudstack.apache.org/survey.html
We are running a user survey, for which we need help from all of you. Based on the survey, we will prepare a community report for the CloudStack usage, use cases, capabilities, etc. Your feedback here is highly important, so be sure you take a moment to fill in the survey. It will take you 5 to 7 minutes maximum.

- Cloud/IaaS Market Predictions 2022
Our community will publish an article with our vision and community predictions for the state of the Cloud/IaaS Market in 2022.
Can I ask you to send me your predictions for the Cloud/IaaS market in 2022 if possible by end of this week? A few hints bellow:
- what technologies will be emerging
- what will change
- how companies/cloud providers can be more competitive
- what will change in the market demand
- new solutions/services, which will be launched, etc.

I need just a few lines, not more and your vision on the market.  Тhe prediction will be quoted with your name and company name on all channels.

- Interviews with ACS Committers
One of the ongoing initiatives we have are interviews with active committers. We already published the first two. You can see them bellow. We are open to proposals for whom can we interview next :) Nominate your colleagues and friends, who deserve appreciation!

https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/meet-the-community-pearl-dsilva
https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/meet-the-community-daniel-salvador

Wishing all of you a great week!

Kind regards,

Re: CloudStack Community Initiatives in January

Posted by "Stephane @Brainboard 😊" <st...@brainboard.co>.
Hi :)

Perfect :)

Here are 2 trends with key points:

A fight for a sustainable cause 🌎

• According to Forbes, the effects of climate change with cost companies up to $1.6 trillion per year by 2025.
• Reshaping their production cycles by implementing measures and innovations
• Some leading industry actors even pledged of moving their business and expansion over the world towards a 100% renewable energy. - ex: Scaleway, Capgemini, Google, Microsoft & Huawei Cloud

Data Management 📊 & Automation 🤖

• Data Management, among other things, is a key to unlock opportunities, for both Cloud Providers or companies using their services.
• Micro-trends: Data fabrics, IoT, Blockchain, Machine learning, Hyper-automation, Kubernetes, Composable applications

Cloud Governance

• the cost of the Cloud matter, with the complexity of data processing and infrastructures - Monitoring + size of ressources + tooling
• shared responsibility to protect data on the Cloud and on-premise between organizations and cloud service providers.- privacy-enhancing computation - Data recovery

Will introduce myself and my project some time soon :)

I was waiting for the right time ;)

Kind regards,

Stephane B. 😀

Growth Product Manager @Brainboard.co
Design, Deploy and Manage modern Cloud Infrastructures.

 📆 Book a meeting

Posted by Ivet Petrova <iv...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Stephane,

There are some really good points in the article you have made. Is it possible to send me just 2 paragraphs with key points to be included in the predictions blog post?
We will quote a lot of people, so using the whole text will be a bit too much.

Also, happy to meet you as part of the Apache CloudStack Community. Will you share some insights about your projects with CloudStack? Always great to meet new people in the community!

Kind regards,

On 18 Jan 2022, at 16:07, Stephane @Brainboard 😊 <st...@brainboard.co>> wrote:

Hi :)

We’ve been working on a 2022 trend article<https://blog.brainboard.co/cloud-trends-2022> if that could help yours.

Kind regards,

Stephane B. 😀

Growth Product Manager @Brainboard.co<https://www.brainboard.co/>
Design, Deploy and Manage modern Cloud Infrastructures.

 📆 Book a meeting<https://meetings.hubspot.com/stephane-boghossian>

Posted by "Stephane @Brainboard 😊" <st...@brainboard.co>.
Hi :)

Posted by Ivet Petrova <iv...@shapeblue.com>.
Hello,

I will be finalising the article for Cloud/IaaS Market Predictions 2022 by Thursday this week.
Thanks to Gabriel, Rohit, Giles, Daniel Salvador, Kshitish and StorPool for sending predictions.

If someone else has also prepared something, please send them to me as soon as possible, so that I can include them in the article.

Kind regards,

Posted by Ivet Petrova <iv...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Dahn,

I have edited the field. Makes sense.
I hope we will be able to get more responses so that the survey has some weight.

By the way, everyone can help by sharing the Twitter post also:
https://twitter.com/CloudStack/status/1481182411295711233

Kind regards,

On 11 Jan 2022, at 15:47, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>> wrote:

hey Ivet,
I tested the survey and it looks great, hope we get good input from it.

Some small points of improvement: I can choose only one hypervisor type, while we use a bunch. Same for the version of cloudstack, people may use several installations in parallel and update them at different intervals.

--
Daan

Re: CloudStack Community Initiatives in January

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
hey Ivet,

--
Daan

Re: CloudStack Community Initiatives in January

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
hey Ivet,

--
Daan

Re: CloudStack Community Initiatives in January

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
hey Ivet,

--
Daan

Re: CloudStack Community Initiatives in January