Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Matheen <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/07 08:52:38 UTC

Need Help converting XML-CSV(flatfile)

hello,

I just stared out with camel...i have done few basic examples

Now i'm trying to convert XML data to CSV.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need Help converting XML-CSV(flatfile)

Posted by Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
For xml to csv I would simply use xslt.

// Pontus
Send from my phone

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
As you uses/knows camel-bindy, why don't you simply combine camel jaxb and
camel bindy for XML <--> CSV transformation. Jaxb annotations can be added
into the same model as Apache Bindy annotations.

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is also beanio
> http://camel.apache.org/beanio.html
>
> And the others we have listed here
> http://camel.apache.org/data-format.html
>

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 11:42 PM, Christian Müller
> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Have a look at Camel csv [1] and bindy [2].
> >
> > [1] http://camel.apache.org/csv.html
> > [2] http://camel.apache.org/bindy.html
> >
> > Best,
> > Christian
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Matheen <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ok..before i had done conversion from CSV to XML...i had used camel
> bindy
> >> do that.
> >>
> >> 1st Converting CSV file to POJO objects.
> >>
> >> 2nd Converting POJO list to XML using xstream. it is working fine.
> >>
> >> Source:
> >>

> http://workingwithqueues.blogspot.in/2012/07/converting-csv-to-xml-with-camel-bindy.html
> >>

> http://workingwithqueues.blogspot.in/2012/07/converting-csv-to-xml-with-camel-bindy.html
> >>
> >> Now i want to do XML to CSV. Please tell me the different ways to do it.
> >> Once i get some idea i'll work on my own and post it here in this forum.
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> FuseSource
> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Charles Moulliard
Twitter : @cmoulliard
Blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

Re: Need Help converting XML-CSV(flatfile)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
There is also beanio

<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Have a look at Camel csv [1] and bindy [2].
>
> [1] http://camel.apache.org/csv.html
> [2] http://camel.apache.org/bindy.html
>
> Best,
> Christian
>
> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Matheen <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ok..before i had done conversion from CSV to XML...i had used camel bindy
>> do that.
>>
>> 1st Converting CSV file to POJO objects.
>>
>> 2nd Converting POJO list to XML using xstream. it is working fine.
>>
>> Source:
>>
>> http://workingwithqueues.blogspot.in/2012/07/converting-csv-to-xml-with-camel-bindy.html
>>
>> http://workingwithqueues.blogspot.in/2012/07/converting-csv-to-xml-with-camel-bindy.html
>>
>> Now i want to do XML to CSV. Please tell me the different ways to do it.
>> Once i get some idea i'll work on my own and post it here in this forum.
>>

>> --

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I just stared out with camel...i have done few basic examples
>
> Now i'm trying to convert XML data to CSV.

Please share what have you done so far :) .

Which components, data format, etc. are you trying to use? There have
you stuck? How does your route look like?

Best regards.

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com