Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ma...@spe.sony.com on 2005/02/12 01:47:03 UTC

Why is FOP not finding userconfig.xml on server ?

I have code in the Applet as follows.

          URL userConfig = new URL("http", myserver, 7011,   "/mypath/"+
"userconfig.xml");
          org.apache.fop.apps.Options options = new
org.apache.fop.apps.Options( userConfig.openStream());

"myserver" is running on a completely different machine. When this run in
the applet, FOP throws the following exception

org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: can't find default configuration file
 at org.apache.fop.apps.Options.loadStandardConfiguration(Options.java:184)
at org.apache.fop.apps.Options.<init>(Options.java:73)
at org.apache.fop.apps.Options.<init>(Options.java:78)
at PrintApplet.callMeSucker(PrintApplet.java:168)

However when I run the server on my local machine and run the same code as
follows it works fine.

          URL userConfig = new URL("http", "localhost", 7011,   "/mypath/"+
"userconfig.xml");
          org.apache.fop.apps.Options options = new
org.apache.fop.apps.Options( userConfig.openStream());

I checked the link using the http://myserver:7011/mypath/userconfig.xml and
I could retrieve the file in IE.

Whats happening?

Thanks
Manoj

Re: Why is FOP not finding userconfig.xml on server ?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Manoj_Nair@spe.sony.com wrote:
> "myserver" is running on a completely different machine. When this run in
> the applet, FOP throws the following exception
>
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: can't find default configuration file
>  at org.apache.fop.apps.Options.loadStandardConfiguration(Options.java:184)

FOP can't find the *default* config file, which is different from
the user config file. The default config file should be in the FOP
jar, as /conf/config.xml. Check the jar, and if the file is there,
as a Java security guru why the applet can't get it.
Several people reported in the past they successfully run FOP in
an applet.

J.Pietschmann