Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by JohnOldman <jo...@mygameskills.com> on 2007/11/21 11:52:34 UTC

Problem changing from "AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE" to "SESSION_TRANSACTED"

Hi

Using:
CMS 2.1.1
ActiveMQ 4.1.1
SUSE 10.2

Based on the sample code, have set up a simple client/server queue, using
createSession with AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE.

Messages appear to work as expected.

However, I want to eventually end up with a failover setup, with two
servers, and therefore need to leave the message in the queue until I know
it has been processed by the working server.

Now I have tried using createSession with SESSION_TRANSACTED to keep the
message in the queue, then calling commit() when the server has finished
processing the message, but keep getting core dumps.

Is this approach to using SESSION_TRANSACTED / commit() the correct way to
be running CMS?

Thanks
John

Re: Problem changing from "AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE" to "SESSION_TRANSACTED"

Posted by JohnOldman <jo...@mygameskills.com>.

By the way, I dont have access to more than one machine right now.

Is it practical to set up multiple brokers with clients and servers on the
same machine (i.e. localhost), providing the port numbers do not clash?

John

Posted by JohnOldman <jo...@mygameskills.com>.

Posted by Nathan Mittler <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,