Posted to user@wink.apache.org by Matt Silver <ma...@webagesolutions.com> on 2012/10/19 17:18:49 UTC

Re: Generating WADL with schema import and "element" attribute on representation

Bryant/Roberto,

Were either of you able to generate a WADL which includes the schema (i.e.,
grammar and element elements)?  I'm using WAS 8, which includes Apache Wink.

What I'm wondering is what specific JAXB annotations do I need to add to my
classes for the above elements to be added to my WADL file?  Currently, I'm
just annotating the class with @XmlRootElement.

e.g.,

@XmlRootElement(name="order")

public class Order {

      long orderId;

      String clientId;

      double orderTotal;

      String status;

      String expectedShipDate;

      // getters and setters

}

Am I instead supposed to be annotating a subclass of the
org.apache.wink.common.model.wadl.Application class, which I then configure
in the web.xml?

IBM provides the following documentation on how to create a method to
customize the WADL generation, but doesn't show any examples of how to do
customization:

@javax.ws.rs.Path("myexample")
public class MyResource {