Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2004/02/19 00:21:00 UTC

[lang] is Apache License 2.0 compliant.

Hello all,

[lang] is Apache License 2.0 compliant by the page
http://www.apache.org/dev/apply-license.html.

If I've missing some, please let me know.

What I've missed on purpose:

- The manifest (.MF) file. Can MF files have comments? I do not see them
spec'd here:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#JAR%20Manifest

Thanks,
Gary

Re: [lang] is Apache License 2.0 compliant.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
The LICENSE.txt file differs between [lang] and [collections]. Seems to be a
line ending thing. We should try to make them the same one way or other.

Also (less significant) [lang] and [collections] now differ in the license
slightly. [lang] uses 1 space in the java comment as an indent.
[collections] uses 2 spaces. I prefer the 1 space, so I suggest we try and
use that generally. In XML licenses there is also a difference in
spacing/indenting.

(I didn't do the build files in [collections], but I suppose they are
covered too :-0 )

Stephen