Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Murray Collingwood <mu...@focus-computing.com.au> on 2005/11/02 21:08:42 UTC

Re: [OT] [HTML] Jsp page size

Use the html width parameter on your html object.

eg

For more go to the source... http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/

Cheers
mc

On 2 Nov 2005 at 13:18, fea jabi wrote:

> In an application how can we specify the fixed size of the JSP page.
>
> In the JSP page I created used a scrollbar in which there is a table.
>
> To create a scrollbar,  I had to specify the height, width for the div in
> css.
>
> This table is stable size but there is another table above this which has
> text in it.
>
> When the browser size is changed the text is getting wrapped.
>
> As a user I wouldn't prefer that to happen.
>
> What is the better way of handing this? can we do this in struts? i.e
> setting page size?
>
> Thanks.

FOCUS Computing - web design
Mob: 0415 24 26 24
murray@focus-computing.com.au
http://www.focus-computing.com.au

Re: [OT] [HTML] Jsp page size

Posted by Max Cooper <ma...@maxcooper.com>.
Also consider <td nowrap="">The text that you do not want to wrap.</td>

This is all HTML stuff -- remember that browsers know absolutely nothing
about Struts, and that your app emits standard web stuff (HTML,
JavaScript, CSS, etc.) only.

-Max

Re: [OT] [HTML] Jsp page size

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Greets all
I would use
http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/tagreference.html
and Play with the CSS class to controls the style characteristic width so
that width can be based on percentage e.g."33%"
then when the operator resizes your table (previously defined as
width="100%" )
your individual table data will resize to the same exact proportion
HTH,
Martin-

Re: [OT] [HTML] Jsp page size

Posted by Yujun Liang <yu...@acm.org>.
If you want it professionally, you may need to study CSS, instead of putting
layout in HTML tag.

for this case,

should be <table class="someClass">, however, you can use Struts to define
someClass as a varible and change it programatically.

Regards

On 11/3/05, Murray Collingwood <mu...@focus-computing.com.au> wrote:

> Use the html width parameter on your html object.
>
> eg

> For more go to the source... http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/
>
> Cheers
> mc
>
> On 2 Nov 2005 at 13:18, fea jabi wrote:
>
> > In an application how can we specify the fixed size of the JSP page.
> >
> > In the JSP page I created used a scrollbar in which there is a table.
> >
> > To create a scrollbar, I had to specify the height, width for the div in
> > css.
> >
> > This table is stable size but there is another table above this which
> has
> > text in it.
> >
> > When the browser size is changed the text is getting wrapped.
> >
> > As a user I wouldn't prefer that to happen.
> >
> > What is the better way of handing this? can we do this in struts? i.e
> > setting page size?
> >
> > Thanks.

> 1/11/2005
> >

> FOCUS Computing - web design