Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by geeky2 <ge...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/05 18:29:43 UTC

need input - lessons learned or best practices for data imports

hello all,

we are approaching the time when we will move our first solr core in to a
more "production like" environment.  as a precursor to this, i am attempting
to write some documents on impact assessment and batch load / data import
strategies.

does anyone have processes or lessons learned - that they can share?

maybe a good place to start - but not limited to - would be how do people
monitor data imports (we are using a very simple DIH hooked to an informix
schema) and send out appropriate notifications?

thank you for any help or suggestions,
mark

Re: need input - lessons learned or best practices for data imports

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
At this level of control consider using SolrJ instead, especially for
alerts and such. See:

http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

Best
Erick