Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Martin Cordova <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/11 13:49:54 UTC

Winstone servlet engine fixed to run on Harmony

The author of Winstone detected the problem that generated an
exception when running on Harmony and fixed it the same day.

My first impressions: Harmony JRE snapshot is fast. All database I/O
code from my webapp did run fine, as well as all network I/O. I could
not test PDF (IText) and Charts (JFreeChart) creation because certain
Image classes are not implemented yet. I will as soon as they become
available.

My pending tasks: test on Linux (OpenSuSE 10.0) and test SSL support
for server sockets.

I will keep you informed.

Regards,
Martin
--
Dinamica - RADical J2EE framework
open source, easy and powerful

Re: Winstone servlet engine fixed to run on Harmony

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
ASAP :)

Posted by Martin Cordova <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Martin Cordova wrote:
> The author of Winstone detected the problem that generated an
> exception when running on Harmony and fixed it the same day.
>
> My first impressions: Harmony JRE snapshot is fast. All database I/O
> code from my webapp did run fine, as well as all network I/O. I could
> not test PDF (IText) and Charts (JFreeChart) creation because certain
> Image classes are not implemented yet. I will as soon as they become
> available.

That's really great to hear!

> My pending tasks: test on Linux (OpenSuSE 10.0) and test SSL support
> for server sockets.
>
> I will keep you informed.

That's for doing this :)

geir